Friday, September 26, 2008

I have an announcement to make!

No silly, not that kind of announcement!


Trey slept ALL NIGHT for the first time EVER last night! From 9 pm to 7 am! He's been a pretty bad sleeper, we suspect he's got a mild form of sleep apnea. I've tried to night wean him but even if I don't let him nurse during the night, he still wakes up wanting to nurse, (anywhere from 0-5 times!) and I usually let him nurse if he wakes up after 4 am. The last 2 weeks, I've made him sleep in his room in the crib instead of in his toddler bed beside ours (or in ours sometimes), until he wakes (4-5am) to nurse and then I bring him to bed with us so I can sleep some more. I don't sleep well co-sleeping, but with Trey I haven't had a choice if I wanted any sleep at all. He hasn't been too thrilled with the crib, but it's getting better!
Maybe there IS a light at the end of this tunnel!

11 comments:

The J's said...

YEAH!!! I was just looking back at Relyssa's baby book for some information I was looking up for someone, and was reminded at what a terrible sleeper she was before a year old. I know, that doesn't sound like much since Trey is already 2 1/2!

Lynisha Weeda said...

Actually, he's only 1 1/2 ;)

The J's said...

Sorry, typ0!

Anonymous said...

Hooray Trey! I've been pretty lucky with good sleepers...I better not take it for granted.

Jim Weeda said...

Yeah! It was nice! The FUNNY thing is... Kyrie sleeps down on the main floor by herself and she has done incredible for a 3 year old. But this morning, we woke up about 6:00 to find her in the toddler bed in our room. Neither one of us knew she came up! LOL

Huisman5 said...

Wonder how many people have dropped by your blog to check out your title!? Good one! Although I think any announcements after all the comments on Dalayna's blog would probably get the response of "yeah, right!"

Unknown said...

Yay!! Hopefully he'll keep doing it, too. I remember Adair not sleeping thru the night until right before his 1st bday - nursing several times in the night. It was such a relief to get to sleep all night in my own bed then!!

Dalayna said...

That's how we did it with Jessi. Once we decided that the crib was it, she did better. She still woke up in the early morning to nurse, but when we quit that she slept all night.

(becides, I was OK with her in the bed in the early morning.. She'd always wake up when Wade was getting ready to leave so He'd bring her in for me and we had a lot more room without him there ;) )

Jim Weeda said...

FOUR NIGHTS IN A ROW!!!!! WOOHOO! He woke up this morning at 5:00 but I just got up and laid him back down and he went right back to sleep and didn't get up until 6:30! :D

Laura Jelinek said...

Wow that's great. Can you get me to sleep all night long now? check out my new blog at www.thepastinpix.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I think you've gotten off easy...Andy and I were both really colicky, so Mom and Dad had lots of fun trying to get us to sleep every night :P